Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book-aholic

Yes, its true, my name is Chandra, and I'm a book-aholic! Or maybe its reading-aholic...well you get the idea. Just to give you an idea, I have read a total of 8 books in the last 5 days. And we aren't talking tiny little 150 page books, I'm talking 300 or more pages each! Neal picks on me and tells me that I have a serious problem. I read everything from thrillers (like Demon Seed by Deen Kootz, my current I started this morning) to very, um, sexy books (like Sydney Croft, which is a paranormal erotic series and is AMAZING!!!!). I seriously could turn our house into a library, except that I don't like to loan my books out, because then what if I don't get the back? Oh the tragedy! Anyway, sorry about the melodramatics. Now with this being said, I do not like every book I read. I generally know if I'm going to personally like a book in the 1st 3 chapters. For a while I would only make myself finish the 1st chapter, but I've decided sometimes a book does take until the 3rd chapter and sometimes even past to really get going. But unfortunately, if you don't get me in those 1st 3, well good chance that its going in the box to go to NE GA Bookstand in Commerce, its a used book store that takes trade ins for store credit. Of which I have about $150 paranormal and $90 regular and I haven't been in a while.

So because reading is such a huge part of my life, I've decided to start blogging about the weekly books in my life. Who knows, maybe this could help someone out there who wasn't sure about a book, you really never know. And since I read so much anyway, I might as well talk about it to someone other than Neal and the dogs, although Daisy does seem to enjoy it sometimes. lol

So I mentioned the Sydney Croft books, I got the last 2 that are out and both of them are really amazing. Now be warned, these are erotic books, the sex scenes are not for the faint of heart. But unlike some others I've read, it actually does tie into the plot of the books. Not just a bunch of people humping each other they've never met in a dark alley or anything (and YES I've had a couple that did just that). The series is about an organization that takes in "gifted" people. These people have some sort of a paranormal gift and they use it for good. Like trying to stop an evil organization from destroying the world.

Lover Mine by J.R. Ward was another biggy this week. It is from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and just might be my favorite in the series so far, but I say that everytime I read a new one. LOL Quick set up is vampires, Huge Gorgeous men in leather that aren't afraid to get dirty,...mmmm...ahhhh...oh sorry mind wandered a little. Again, the sexual content is a little on the strong side, so I definitely wouldn't recommend these for people who like more lovey-dovey scenes, not that theres anything wrong w/those.

Uhmm...Whispered Lies and Silent Truth from the BAD series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (yes, she may just be my favorite author of them all) and Dianna Love. This is a series about a secret government agency whose only focus is keeping America safe, by any means necessary, and I do mean ANY! These actually would be very good for women or men. Lots of action and fighting, plus a couple of steamy scenes that are definitely steamy, but not way too out there.

Ok, I think thats all for now, but I'll try my best to come back soon and give ya'll a few more reviews! Love ya'll and Thanks so much to all the writers I've mentioned, you keep me completely entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment